We are looking for a versatile Design Lead with a passion for exceptional design and social content creation to join our design team here at Goodstuff. Leading our in-house design team, you’ll ultimately be responsible for the creative studio output across a range of exciting internal and client briefs, from creating high-impact social content one minute, to developing visual identities for high-profile industry events the next.
This is an ideal role for a senior designer looking to take the next step in leading, inspiring and developing a team, collaborating with senior stakeholders to deliver award-winning work, and flexing their creativity in an entrepreneurial and creative environment.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Made by Goodstuff.
The role is fast-paced and varied with lots of opportunities to build on experience across all aspects of content production and brand guardianship, from conception through to completion. As design lead, you’ll be supporting a team of specialists, as well as getting stuck in on a variety of production-based briefs. Overseeing and art directing live action shoots, photo editing, storyboarding and asset delivery for a range of social and digital focused content.
- Ideation, concepting, designing and producing social and digital content to the highest possible level
- Edit, design and art direct a range of different design projects and campaigns
- Run social media shoots and the seamless delivery of client content
- Write and deliver strong and well thought out storyboards and mood boards for ideas and concepts
- Lead client relationships through the design and delivery of content to deadlines
- Take a brief and ‘run with it’ - generate ideas and concepts for our internal brand and client briefs
- Present and sell in ideas passionately and effectively
- Be a brand guardian, protecting and building our internal brand’s image
- Take responsibility for all design deliverables and meet deadlines
- Responsible for workflow and management of briefs across the design and content team
- Line management responsibility for the design team, carrying out weekly 1-2-1s, performance appraisals and ongoing objective setting
- Take a keen interest in the best practice for design and commit to increasing the team’s knowledge and abilities in these areas
- Contribute to a culture of learning and development by nurturing and coaching direct reports, helping develop their technical and conceptual design skills
- Forecasting creative output of the design team
- Support the development of scopes of work, providing time estimates and quotes for design and production.
- Contribute to accurate and timely forecasting from a design and production point of view
- Sufficiently managing accurate timesheets for yourself and direct reports
As a small and nimble team we’re looking for someone who can get stuck into a range of different creative tasks as well as manage and lead the design team.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects and Premier Pro.
- Must have experience in managing design or creative teams
- Be comfortable managing a range of creative disciplines, from motion graphics to print and layout.
- Must have experience working in an agency or similar environment, on live client briefs
- Experience in creating multi-platform content for social media
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to proactively manage the design team’s briefs and deadlines – be able to follow good process as well as suggest improvements to move things on
- A skilled and proactive communicator with the ability to create persuasive arguments to sell in work to internal teams and clients alike
- Be a good team player who is able to collaborate with a variety of people and skillsets, including senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to work efficiently and at pace in a high pressured, multi-project environment
- Experience in working on live shoots and within the production process
- Be energetic, determined, and personable, with an ability to inspire and lead others
- Be passionate about developing, nurturing and managing more junior talent to live up to their potential
- Possess a passion for all things design, creative and production
- Up to date knowledge of social channels and a strong interest in the evolving trends of the social media landscape, including what award-winning content looks like
- Demonstrate good organisational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Have an ability to think around problems and get to inventive solutions
- Photography and filming skills a bonus
Made of different stuff
Goodstuffers are a group of individuals made of different stuff. Collectively we shine in support of our mission: to be the World’s most inventive media agency. Our invention is born out of divergent thinking in an inclusive environment which comes together to create something truly original and good. Truly Goodstuff.
To support this, we have an Equal Opportunities Policy; except we call ours the Do the Right Thing Policy. It’s simple. We believe in fairness. That means, first and foremost, we recruit on merit and ability. We treat each other, fairly, with dignity and respect – we give a shit. We create an inclusive environment in which everyone belongs. When we recruit, promote, train, or reward we do that on the basis of aptitude and ability. We help and encourage everyone at Goodstuff to realise their full potential.
Any form of discrimination or harassment, less favourable treatment, or victimisation based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.