- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of Broadcast and media best practice
- Extensive experience in TV buying and reporting tools such as MediaOcean, Techedge, AdvantEdge, DEN & TV Squared
- Confident, committed and professional
- A passion for Broadcast & Media effectiveness and the creation of ideas
- A can-do attitude and positive approach, even in challenging situations
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Good team player who is also a self-starter
- Creative, analytical and numerical ability
- Organised and excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Ability to think around problems and get to inventive solutions
The Goodstuff group broadcast director is responsible for leading a team and driving excellence in channel planning and investment across a large group of clients. As a leader of day-to-day output, they set team agenda through effective management and leadership. They are passionate about invention led channel planning and investment and big broadcast ideas. They live the Goodstuff values and contribute towards ensuring we have happy people, happy clients and happy profitability.
Reporting to Head of Trading.
- Oversee Broadcast briefs, imparting channel expertise and media strategy into ideas and plans that lead to the very best results for clients
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the role Broadcast plays in our clients’ business and in answering the brief
- Confidently lead channel discussions in internal and media owner meetings
- Own Senior media owner relationships across TV, VOD and Cinema
- Manage negotiations with media owners with support from the department head on larger commercial arrangements.
- Liaise with sales teams regarding issues escalated by the team, negotiating effectively to produce the best solutions for clients
- Contribute channel insight, ideas and opportunities to new business pitches
- Develop relationships with auditors and play an active role in the auditing process, whilst providing insight and education to the rest of the team on how the auditing process works and how to deliver against targets.
- Take responsibility for monitoring and delivering bartered clients, making sure B/C opportunities are fully explored through communication with Barter reps, ensuring communication of budgets to our barter partners.
- Engage with industry developments and relevant media owners, identifying new opportunities for clients
- Share best in practise Broadcast work and AV innovations with the wider agency
- Demonstrate thought leadership and channel expertise in client meetings
- Have oversight of team workflow, deliverables and overall output, ensuring quality expectations are met
- Oversee the team’s delivery and quality of output for contribution to client presentations, ensuring requirements as directed by planning are met
- Effectively delegate and focus on areas that will deliver most business impact
- Responsible for the overall quality and delivery of work of direct reports and for inspiring the team with positivity and objectivity
- Create strong relationships with direct reports, providing regular feedback, productive appraisals and 1:1s
- Encourage a culture of integration across departments
- Work with the Head of channel to deliver the commercial requirements of the business
- Maintain the highest standards in financial processes across the team
- Accountable for the quick resolution of finance issues
- Work with Planning and Finance to deliver our clients’ contractual commitments
- Ensure accurate and consistent weekly completion of timesheets and those of direct reports