- Experience working at manager level
- Brand planning craft skills
- Creative, analytical and numerical ability
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of media best practice
- A passion for media effectiveness and the creation of ideas
- A can-do attitude and positive approach, even in challenging situations
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Confident, committed and professional
- Good team player who is also a self-starter
- Organised and excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Ability to think around problems and get to inventive solutions
The Goodstuff Planning Manager gives Goodstuffers the opportunity to start taking responsibility for running client briefs through the agency and the management of junior Goodstuffers. They have a firm grasp of the building blocks of what makes effective and inventive media plans and work in close collaboration with the planning and investment teams to make them happen. They build strong relationships with clients, and consistently deliver on the fundamentals of how to delight them on a daily basis. They effectively delegate to those in supporting roles to enable them to deliver excellent work and grow their knowledge.
We're looking to hire an experienced Planning Manager to report to our Planning Director.
- Translate strategies into media ideas and plans, demonstrating a strong understanding of how each channel works within the overall strategy.
- Write directional and inspiring investment briefs with clear deadlines and deliverables.
- Take a keen interest in the theory and best practice of media and commit to increasing your knowledge and abilities in these areas.
- Manage the day to day running of accounts and seamless management of media plans.
- Develop close client and Goodstuffer relationships.
- Demonstrate good understanding of your clients’ business challenges, objectives and KPIs.
- Lead client status meetings and ensure accurate and timely delivery of status reports and follow through.
- Write and deliver clear and compelling client presentations.
- Train junior team members on financial best practice and oversee finance processes.
- Support direct reports in efficient management of invoicing processes and quick issue resolution.
- Contribute to accurate and timely forecasting.
- Ensure accurate and consistent weekly completion of timesheets and those of direct reports
- Take on line management responsibility and help grow and develop direct reports on a daily basis.
- Develop a clear understanding of the roles, responsibilities and workflow across the team.
- Effectively delegate with clarity and clear and regular communication.